The operating rooms are equipped with top – quality apparatus, surgical procedures are performed by certified, known in Latvia medical officers. The advanced medical equipment available at disposal of the LJMC specialists enables to perform all therapeutic procedures a quick as possible, thereby reducing the patient rehabilitation time and enabling to return to everyday life and work as soon as possible.
Mostly, the surgical procedures are performed by applying minimally invasive, endoscopic and laparoscopic methods, also applying the conventional approach.
Surgical procedure cost does not include:
- Anesthesia and intensive care services;
- Bed-day charge (according to the medical officer’s consultation, fixed fee for the time necessary to spend additionally in the hospital);
- Extra charge for endoprosthesis, implants, medication and other medical devices.
General surgery, proctology, phlebology
Surgical procedures performed in the Surgery Department:
- Surgical therapy for gallstone disease;
- Surgery for inguinal, umbilical hernia, incisional hernia, hiatal hernia;
- Leg vein surgery, including laser surgery;
- Removal of skin, subcutaneous and soft tissue benign tumours;
- Surgical therapy for proctologic diseases.
Traumatology and Orthopaedics
Procedures performed in Traumatology and Orthopaedics Department:
- All types of osteosynthesis after fractures;
- Arthroscopic surgery in case of knee, elbow, shoulder joints, ligament injries, in periarthritis, arthroses etc.;
- Hip, knee joint endoprosthesis;
- Reparative surgery in pseudarthrosis;
- All types of surgery for bone, muscle and tendon injuries;
- Hallux valgus correction;
- Dupuytren’s contracture surgery, corrective osteotomy, ligament, tendon stitching, plastic surgery;
- back surgery.
Procedures performed in Gynaecology Department:
- Surgical treatment for benign tumours of uterus, uterine appendages, mostly laparoscopic and conventional; Surgical treatment for prolapse of female genital organs;
- Uterus surgery – hysteron – resection and abrasion;
- Diagnostic and treatment laparoscopic surgery;
- Surgical treatment for urinary incontinence.
During anaesthesia the optimal environment for the surgery performance is ensured. Anaesthesia prevents pains and undesirable impact of operation on the organism. During a preoperative visit to an anaesthesiologist the most appropriate type of anaesthesia is selected. During the postoperative period the patient care and monitoring under intensive therapy is ensured